"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Sunday, June 8, 2014

ROUND ROBIN RETURNS!!!

I haven't posted very often lately, as mostly I've been working on Round Robins that are secret until the owner gets hers back.  These are from a swap on The Quilter's Thread.


This is mine, that I received on Friday.  The center is a lonely orphan block from an applique class.   I LOVE the rounds that each quilter added!  The fabrics are mostly 30's, and they are much perkier than this washed-out photo shows.

The flying geese round is especially appreciated, as it was made by Josie, who has since moved on to heaven:(  She will be greatly missed by her friends and family, and yes, even by online friends who never met her in person, like me.  The world is a better place because she was here.

Here's Jodi's quilt.  I had her's last and got a picture.  Wish I could share more of them with you, as each is spectacular.


If you enjoy medallion quilts, you'd love participating in these round robins.

I'm so thankful to each participant.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful RR quilts. I like the blue star border you put onto Jodi ' s the opposite corners stars so unique... I am looking forward to doing RR quilts... with friends near and far.... post a clearer photo of yours when you can... will be like seeing a new quilt, I bet.

Karen said...

You have some interesting and creative borders added to your round robin piece. It turned out very well.

Wacky Woman said...

Looking good Pat!