"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Saturday, June 8, 2013

AIMING FOR ACCURACY

Have you noticed the new button on my blog, for the Aiming for Accuracy quilt-along?  I can always use help with accuracy -- always learning and looking for tips -- so it caught my eye.  Then I saw Mishka's layout, and loved the quilt!  So..................here are the fabrics I pulled.


Most are from the Annie's Farm Stand line.  I love how they fit Edyta Sitar's Rule of 5 -- a large print, a medium print, a small print, a stripe, a dot (you can read more about that in her book, Hop To It).

Now I need to select a coordinate for sashing, border, etc.  Obvious choices are white or black.  But then I thought what about yellow or green?  And then I thought, what about a black/white print?  Choices, Choices. 

Please leave any suggestions in comments.  I love to hear from you.




4 comments:

Marianne said...

I vote for darker green, like those in one of your polka dotted fabrics. Like the fabrics you've pulled - they should make a very sweet quilt.

Wacky Woman said...

What color do you want your quilt to be? Sashing and borders will determine your color. Eye will stop there first. They are all pretty fabrics.

Barbara said...

How about a nice purple?? That might work well with all those beautiful brights. Can't wait to see what you choose. :o)

Charo said...

I love these prints and the colors you chose! Where can I find this fabric. I have never heard about Annie's Farm Stand line. Can you send me a link to the shop where I can buy them?

Thanks for your help