"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Thursday, April 4, 2013

HURRICANE SANDY EFFORT QUILT EFFORT


You might remember a few months back, when I made a few blocks for the Hurricane Sandy Relief Quilt Effort, organized by Erin Hutchinson.  When I mailed the blocks off to Erin, I thought that was the end of it. 

I was surprised to get this postcard in the mail today.  It's a thank you for participating.  In the photo is a woman wrapped in one of the quilts holding a thank you sign.  What a nice surprise!

Erin was surprised to receive blocks from over 200 quilters.  To date over 35 quilts have been delivered, and there are over 10 more in various stages of completion.

Here is a link to Erin's blog:
http://vesuviusmama.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

I got one too Pat. I'm pretty sure that is Erin in the photo.

Cyn said...

This is super! What a lovely thing to do.